Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's for Dinner?

This has nothing to do with coupons, but I haven't shopped much this week, so thought I would give you a great recipe!!
I used to own a tearoom, and the lady who owned it years ago, showed me how to make this soup, and it's WONDERFUL!
It is actually something my WHOLE family likes!  (My kids have become so picky lately!)

It is Chicken and Wild Rice Soup...

*2 boxes of Uncle Bens Rice...on sale now for $1.49 when you buy 10 at Kroger! ;)  I use 1 box of original, and 1 box of fast cook
*1 large can of chicken broth
*celery, sliced
*onion, chopped
*carrots, sliced
*1/2 stick butter
* 3 boiled chicken breasts, diced
*water

Saute chopped onion and butter, add rice and seasoning packets that came with rice, add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil, then turn to low for about an hour...you may have to add water, because the rice expands so much...
So easy...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jennifer, you know that was always my fav!
    Made Uncle Bens last night for dinner last night with our Salmon - hope there's some left so I can make this tonight. Thanks for sharing!
    Maureen :D

    ReplyDelete